The superherb revolution is just like the superfood revolution. We now have access to the most amazing herbs ever discovered. Just like with superfoods in the past, people were limited to the superherbs that grew in their area. Thanks to technological advances, we can easily hop on a computer, push a few buttons, and have the most powerful herbs in the world shipped right to our door.
Whereas superfoods are food, superherbs are our medicine. Some superfoods are also considered superherbs, but superherbs are generally more on the medicinal side and less like food. Many of the superherbs can come from wild plants. This is an excellent way to get alkaloids from wild plants in our diet. You can buy them in stores, online, or you can even find them growing wild if you know how.
In general, superherbs are typically tonic herbs. Tonic herbs are herbs that can be consumed regularly over long periods of time without you having a negative reaction to them. They’re extremely safe and gentle. Tonic herbs are like a hybrid of food and medicine because they’re medicinal but you consume them regularly like food.
The dual directional nature of tonic herbs allow them to bring the immune system up or down, whichever is necessary. This level of intelligence is extremely beneficial for people who have auto-immune conditions. Some herbs, like garlic, should not be taken every day and they only have the ability to move the immune system in one direction – up.
Because we have access to the best herbs from all around the world, it’s best to take the top herbs from each herbal medical system and integrate them into your approach. When you combine the best herbs from the Chinese medical system, Ayurvedic medicine, and South American herbalism, you have a cutting-edge strategy that is unsurpassed by anything else in the world. Instead of health insurance it’s heath assurance. It’s the future of medicine, though it comes from our ancient past.
Tip: Make your own tinctures with herbs because you can make them stronger for far less money.
- Cat’s Claw – extremely potent anti-viral
- Pau d’Arco – extremely potent anti-fungal
- Ginseng – Possibly the most famous herb in the world. Stay away from the cheap stuff because it’s too young. Wild ginseng is highly prized and gets more expensive as it ages and gains Shen (Spirital) properties. Ginseng should be at least ten years old before you consume it. Highly regarded Shen tonic.
- Deer Antler – top Jing herb, boosts adrenals. Rejuvenation. Builds muscle.
- Shilajit – High amounts of fulvic acid.
- Mucuna – highest known source of L-Dopa. Great for people with Parkinson’s Disease.
- Schizandra Berry – the “five flavored fruit.” Nourishes all three treasures (Jing, Qi, Shen).
- He Shou Wu – supplements the congenital life force of the kidneys, it improves hair quality and deeply nourishes and rejuvenates the whole body.
- Astragalus – qi tonic. Excellent for the immune system, energy, and lungs.
- Eucommia Bark – Excellent for building ligaments and fighting arthritis.