Chocolate Superfood Milkshake Ingredients
I’m not listing measurements because I don’t use measurements myself. I wing it every time, which makes it faster and different each time.
- Nut milk (in this recipe I used pine nut flakes and brazil nuts)
- Frozen bananas
- Sunwarrior protein powder (I used chocolate warrior blend, but I recommend the classic vanilla flavor)
- Lucuma Powder
- Coconut Butter
- Sweetener (my favorite is raw honey)
Additional Ingredients (optional)
- Mesquite Powder
- Collagen powder
- Bee Pollen (best if bought locally)
- Baobob powder
- Camu Camu Powder
- pinch of Sea Salt or Himalayan Salt
I prefer to make the nut milk first. You can strain it but I usually don’t when making this. I keep everything in there for maximum nutrition. Mix all ingredients into the blender and blend. Depending on what you have and how much of everything you have, you’ll want to add the appropriate amount of each ingredient. Eventually you’ll get the feel for how much of each is right. You’ll want to put a higher amount of the core ingredients listed above and a smaller amount of the additional ingredients. You don’t need every ingredient either. You should be able to make a great milkshake by using just the core ingredients. I mostly add the other ingredients for well rounded nutrition.
A Few Tips:
- Peel the bananas and break them into small pieces before freezing them. They’ll blend much better that way.
- To reduce your sugar intake, instead of just using honey you could use just a little honey and compensate for it by adding non-glycemic sweeteners such as xylitol and stevia. You can only push the sweetness so far with xylitol and stevia because too much xylitol can mess up your stomach and stevia tastes bad when there’s too much of it in a drink. By using a little of all 3 sweeteners you’ll get a really sweet tasting drink without too much sugar.
Disclaimer: I will receive an affiliate commission if you buy anything from some of the links in this post. I only promote things I believe in. Thanks for reading this far and thank you for your support.