Though all raw cacao is typically better than the processed chocolate we all grew up on, Sacred Chocolate is far better quality than other raw cacao products. Sacred Chocolate is literally the best chocolate ever! It’s raw, vegan, and organic.
Sacred Chocolate contains only the highest ingredients available and is made with the highest quality in mind. Every batch of chocolate is prayed over too.
Raw food and nutrition expert David Wolfe listed cacao as one of the top 10 foods in the world in his book Superfoods. He even devoted an entire book to raw cacao called Naked Chocolate. His passion for raw cacao is obvious if you’ve ever listened to one of his lectures on it in person or on TheBestDayEver.com. David Wolfe is the co-founder of Sacred Chocolate. He’s known for advocating the best ever. Who better to buy raw chocolate from?
The Benefits of Raw Cacao
Raw cacao leaves all the “love” chemicals in the chocolate. After the processing that most chocolate is subjected to, most of the love chemicals are destroyed. By not heating the chocolate, all the love chemicals are left intact. If just a small amount of the love chemicals left in processed chocolate is enough for so many people to give chocolate to their loved ones on valentine’s day, imagine what chocolate could do if all the love chemicals were still present.
Cacao is the Best Source of the Following Nutrients
- Magnesium – the most deficient major mineral among Americans. It’s arguably one of the most important minerals too.
- Copper – builds healthy blood and immunity.
- Vitamin C – all vitamin C is destroyed in processed chocolate.
- Antioxidants – protect us from DNA damage and age-related health conditions.
- Iron – part of the oxygen-carrying protein hemoglobin. Promotes healthy blood and fights anemia.
- Chromium – trace mineral that helps balance blood sugar. Up to 80% of us are deficient in this important mineral. With the rise in sugar intake and obesity, chromium is perhaps more important now than ever before. Since it’s abundant in cacao, we’re able to eat more sugar with it without as much of a blood-sugar spike.
- Manganese – assists iron in blood oxygenation and formation of hemoglobin.
- Zinc – extremely important for immune function, liver, pancreas, sexual fluids, and skin.
- Essential Omega-6 Fatty Acids – most omega-6s are heated and become rancid, which causes an inflammatory response. Not in raw cacao!
- Phenylethylamine (PEA) – chemicals we produce when we fall in love. Likely why chocolate is associated with love.
- Anandamide – cannabinoid endorphin that the body produces after exercise to make us feel great. Cacao is the only food known to contain anandamide.
- Tryptophan – mood enhancing essential amino-acid precursor to serotonin, one of the body’s most important neurotransmitters. Tryptophan is destroyed heating.
- Serotonin – the primary neurotransmitter in the body. Fights stress and keeps us feeling good.
- Fiber – extraordinary soluble fiber. Great for cleaning the intestines.
Interesting Facts About Cacao
- It’s so chemically complex that it can’t be artificially created. All chocolate contains at least some cacao.
- Cacao is very high in magnesium, which is great for the heart. We think of hearts and chocolate on Valentine’s Day.
- The more cacao that’s in a chocolate bar, the darker chocolate it will be. That’s why dark chocolate is better.
- Cacao is the same thing as cocoa. It’s just a different pronunciation.
- Cocoa butter is the fat from cacao.
- Cacao powder is what’s left after separating the fat. Hot cocoa is simply hot water with cacao powder. Cacao drinks have been drank for a long time.